- 1 What type of symbiosis do the mussel and the fish have?
- 2 Does the skunk benefit from the woodchuck’s actions?
- 3 What’s the definition of Commensalism?
- 4 Which type of symbiosis is described below?: The shrimp is immune to the stinging tentacles of the sea anemone and hides near it to be protected from predators?
- 5 What is the relationship between mussels and fish?
- 6 What are 5 examples of parasitism?
- 7 Does the fly benefit from the skunk cabbage plants actions?
- 8 What is the role of the fungus in the mycorrhizal relationship with the plant?
- 9 Does the Remora benefit from the shark’s actions?
- 10 What are 5 examples of Commensalism?
- 11 What is a good example of Commensalism?
- 12 What are the types of Commensalism?
- 13 What is it called when both organisms benefit?
- 14 What is the relationship between wrasse fish and sea bass?
- 15 What are 2 examples of mutualism?
What type of symbiosis do the mussel and the fish have?
sericeus), a cyprinid fish that lays its eggs in the gill chambers of mussels. Their relationship has been considered mutualistic on the premise that R. sericeus use mussels as sites for oviposition and development of their embryos, while mussels benefit by using R. sericeus as hosts for their larvae.
Does the skunk benefit from the woodchuck’s actions?
Terms in this set (18) An organism on which a parasite lives. The skunk and opposum live in woodchuck’s holes. This neither hurts nor helps the woodchuck.
What’s the definition of Commensalism?
Commensalism, in biology, a relationship between individuals of two species in which one species obtains food or other benefits from the other without either harming or benefiting the latter.
Which type of symbiosis is described below?: The shrimp is immune to the stinging tentacles of the sea anemone and hides near it to be protected from predators?
|The shrimp is immune to the stinging tentacles of the sea anenomae and hides near it to be protected from predators||commensalism|
|Green algae and fungus depend on each other, the fungus gets nutrients from the algae and the algae gets water and nutrients from the fungus||mutualism|
What is the relationship between mussels and fish?
North American freshwater mussels are critically imperiled organisms that generally require fish hosts in order to complete their life cycle. Although numerous studies have focused on the parasitic relationship between mussels and fishes, few have examined the benefits that mussels provide to other organisms.
What are 5 examples of parasitism?
Examples of parasites include mosquitoes, mistletoe, roundworms, all viruses, ticks, and the protozoan that causes malaria.
Does the fly benefit from the skunk cabbage plants actions?
What type of symbiosis? * Skunk Cabbage plants attract flies in cool weather by making heat and provide food to the flies that come. * Flies move from one Skunk Cabbage plant to the next feeding and transferring pollen as they go.
What is the role of the fungus in the mycorrhizal relationship with the plant?
Mycorrhizae are symbiotic relationships that form between fungi and plants. The fungi colonize the root system of a host plant, providing increased water and nutrient absorption capabilities while the plant provides the fungus with carbohydrates formed from photosynthesis.
Does the Remora benefit from the shark’s actions?
The remora removes parasites from the shark’s skin and even inside the mouth, which benefits the shark. Commensalism is when two species live together but one benefits while the other is unharmed or helped. An example of this relationship is seen with the humpback whale and the barnacle.
What are 5 examples of Commensalism?
Examples of Commensalism
- Remora fish have a disk on their heads that makes them able to attach to larger animals, such as sharks, mantas, and whales.
- Nurse plants are larger plants that offer protection to seedlings from the weather and herbivores, giving them an opportunity to grow.
- Tree frogs use plants as protection.
What is a good example of Commensalism?
Since the jackal benefits and the tiger isn’t affected, we can say that this is an example of commensalism. Another example of commensalism is one organism using another as a means of transportation. A lot of insects, fish, and other animals use each other in this way, but a good example is the remora.
What are the types of Commensalism?
The three main types of commensalism are inquilinism, metabiosis, and phoresy. Although it can be difficult to prove an organism truly isn’t impacted by its relationship with another organism, there are numerous commensalism examples in nature.
What is it called when both organisms benefit?
Symbiosis is a term describing any relationship or interaction between two dissimilar organisms. The specific kind of symbiosis depends on whether either or both organisms benefit from the relationship.
What is the relationship between wrasse fish and sea bass?
The Wrasse eats parasites off the Bass’s body. The Bass gets a parasite free body and the wrasse gets a meal. They are mutualism because each gets something from it.
What are 2 examples of mutualism?
One example of a mutualistic relationship is that of the oxpecker (a kind of bird) and the rhinoceros or zebra. Here are three other examples of mutualistic relationships:
- The bee and the flower.
- The spider crab and the algae.
- The bacteria and the human.