- 1 What wine goes with red Thai curry?
- 2 What red wine goes with mussels?
- 3 What kind of wine goes well with mussels?
- 4 What wine goes with mussels marinara?
- 5 What is the best wine to drink with Thai food?
- 6 What drinks go well with Thai food?
- 7 Can you steam mussels in red wine?
- 8 How do you clean mussels?
- 9 How do you steam mussels with wine?
- 10 What does Gruner Veltliner pair with?
- 11 What cocktail goes with mussels?
- 12 Can you cook with Pinot Grigio?
- 13 How do you steam mussels in tomato sauce?
- 14 Are mussels healthy for you?
- 15 How do you steam mussels in marinara sauce?
What wine goes with red Thai curry?
Lighter-bodied reds with upfront fruit characters and a more simple structure like Pinot Noir, Grenache-based blends with spicy raspberry characters, Merlot, Zinfandel (also known as Primitivo), Sangiovese all can work harmoniously with Thai food.
What red wine goes with mussels?
If they’re stuffed with sausagemeat, as they often are in the south of France where they’re known as moules farcies, and served with a rich tomato sauce you’ll find an inexpensive Languedoc red or strong southern French or Spanish rosé will probably be a better match than a white.
What kind of wine goes well with mussels?
When steaming mussels simply in white wine or beer with just a few aromatics, the flavor of the dish is really all about the mussels. For wine, opt for crisp, zingy whites with salty minerality, such as French Muscadet or Chablis (Chardonnay that can actually taste like oyster shells).
What wine goes with mussels marinara?
What wine to drink with mussels marinara?
- White Wine – Pinot Grigio or dry sparkling wine such as Prosecco are awesome with this dish.
- Red Wine – Dolcetto or Barbera. Look for fruity reds that are lower in alcohol.
What is the best wine to drink with Thai food?
If Thai cuisine is all about harmony, an off-dry Riesling is a welcome addition to the chorus. It’s almost too perfect: dynamite tropical fruit flavors with acidity and sweetness to cut the spice. Great Alternatives
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What drinks go well with Thai food?
The sweet muskiness of Pinot Gris works well with most Thai dishes, while a sweet Riesling goes with Thai -spiced seafood, stir-fries, and salads. Do you prefer beer with your food? Citrusy, spicy beers go best with hot and sour Thai dishes, while beef salad is the ideal match for an ice-cold Singha beer.
Can you steam mussels in red wine?
Add the mussels and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 1 and 1/4 cup of Pinot Noir wine, cover, and steam the mussels until they open about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat. Serve with crusty Italian bread and, of course, some more wine!
How do you clean mussels?
Place the mussels in a colander in the sink and run water over them, using your hands or a clean scrubbing brush to rub off any debris like seaweed, sand, barnacles, or mud spots that could be on the shell. If you find any mussels with open shells, lightly tap that mussel against the side of the sink.
How do you steam mussels with wine?
Add wine, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, stir to combine. Quickly add the cleaned mussels to the pot, cover and steam for 3 minutes. Carefully open the lid and stir mussels. Cover and steam until mussels are opened up and cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
What does Gruner Veltliner pair with?
Food pairing Try some with an Indian curry, spicy Asian dishes, or Mexican chili. True to its origins, the wine also goes well with typical Austrian fare like Wiener Schnitzel. Grüner Veltliner can also be drunk with poultry, pork, and fish such as haddock, trout, snapper, sardines, and anchovies.
What cocktail goes with mussels?
For drinks pairings, most point to crisp, coastal whites, such as French Muscadet or Galician Albariño, as mussels ‘ perfect match.
Can you cook with Pinot Grigio?
For cooking, you want a wine with a high acidity known in wine-speak as “crisp.” Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Blanc, and dry sparkling wines are especially good. When reduced by cooking, the oaky, buttery flavors turn bitter and don’t add anything pleasant to a dish.
How do you steam mussels in tomato sauce?
Add the white wine and tomato sauce, increase the heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Add the mussels and replace the lid. Cook over high heat 3 minutes. Remove the lid and stir once gently.
Are mussels healthy for you?
Mussels are a clean and nutritious source of protein, as well as being a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and folate, and they exceed the recommended daily intake of selenium, iodine and iron. Mussels are sustainably farmed with no negative impact to the environment.
How do you steam mussels in marinara sauce?
- Start the Easy Marinara Sauce.
- Clean the mussels (see the section above).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- After the marinara sauce has simmered for 15 minutes, add the mussels and cook covered over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes until they open.